As transcribed from a radio broadcast:
For the life of me, I can’t understand what could have gone wrong in Littleton Colo. If only the parents had kept their children away from the guns, we wouldn’t have had such a tragedy. Yeah, it must have been the guns….
1. It couldn’t have been because half of our children are being raised in broken homes.
2. It couldn’t have been because our children get to spend an average of 30 seconds in meaningful conversation with their parents each day. After all, we give our children ‘quality’ time.
3. It couldn’t have been because we treat our children as pets and our pets as children.
4. It couldn’t have been because we place our children in day care centers where they learn their socialization skills among their peers, under the law of the jungle while employees who have no vested interest in our children look on only to make sure no blood is spilled.
5. It couldn’t have been because we allow our children to watch, on average, seven hours of television a day filled with the glorification of sex and violence that isn’t fit for adult consumption.
6. It couldn’t have been because we allow our children to enter into virtual worlds in which, to win games one must kill as many opponents as possible in the most sadistic way possible.
7. It couldn’t have been because we have sterilized and reduced our families down to sizes so small that our children are so spoiled with material things that they come to equate the receiving of the material with love.
8. It couldn’t have been because our children, who historically have been seen as a blessing from God, are now being viewed as a mistake created when contraception fails or inconveniences that parents try to raise in their spare time.
9. It couldn’t have been because our nation is the world leader in developing a ‘culture of death’ in which more than 20 million babies have been murdered ‘legally’ by abortion.
10. It couldn’t have been because we give two year prison sentences to teenagers who kill their newborns.
11. It couldn’t have been because our school systems teach the children as hard fact, that they are nothing more than glorified apes who have evolved out of some primordial soup of mud, and hand out condoms and pamphlet’s about ‘alternate life styles’ to our children as if they were candy, pushing promiscuity.
12. It couldn’t have been because we teach our children that there are no laws of morality that transcend us, that everything is relative and that bad actions even in the highest places have no consequences. What the heck, the president gets away with it!
Nah, it must have been the guns…..
Re-Submitted by Mark Shean