We have all heard by now, (unless you live under a rock) that a Super Committee has been formed in DC and their task is to lower the deficit. This is the very same deficit that every member of the so-called super committee, along with the rest of Congress created through their utter incompetence. Now we will all be ‘saved’ by this group of six Republicans and six Democrats, sure….. These 12 ‘Representative’s’ will not be looking out for the American people, instead their decisions will lean heavily to the big money special interest groups that have funded their campaign’s for years. That’s the political way of life folks. Political gridlock begins with special interest lobbyist’s. These people found it easy to run up a 15 trillion dollar debt in three years but only want to cut one trillion in spending over the next ten years! There will be more interest than that accrued over ten years!! These people need to go, all of them!
As a constituent/American, I know that according to population, there should be roughly 435 members of the House of Representatives sent by We the People to represent us on the issues of the day from the 50 states. We send them to find solutions and to keep us safe. We have 100 Senators charged with the same mandate. They are all failing in that mandate. Istead they allow ‘Czars’ to take up the slack it seems, really….?
The following list of 32 are appointed so-called ‘Czars’, they are not accountable to you or I, we can not vote them out. In many cases we are not even told what their salary’s are that they suck out of our taxes, but the decisions they make can negatively impact our lives, with no recourse. Read their inflated titles, they are comical, because what they represent are all failures. Its apparent to me these are politically ‘connected’ hacks that you have never heard of, and we are paying through the nose for these bottom feeding ‘good ole boy’ types…… Obama has stated he will appoint 3 more, Cyber, Health Insurance, and Copyright Czars, to sponge off our taxes, oh joy… Does Congress even have a function anymore? Should we keep them?
My solution in a move toward correcting the deficit is at the bottom of the page in my ‘Summary’ concerning the so-called ‘Super Committee’ and the so-called ‘Czars’.
1. Afghanistan Czar – Richard Holbrooke Title: Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan. Salary: unknown
2. AIDS Czar * – Jeffrey Crowley Title: Director of the Office of National AIDS Policy. Salary: $102,000
3. Auto Recovery Czar – Ed Montgomery Title: Director of Recovery for Auto Communities and Workers. Salary: unknown
4. Border Czar * – Alan Bersin Title: Assistant Secretary for International Affairs and Special Representative for Border Affairs Salary: unknown
5. California Water Czar – David J. Hayes Title: Deputy Interior Secretary. Salary: unknown
6. Car Czar – Ron Bloom NOTE: on July 13, 2009, Bloom took over as head of the Presidential Task Force on the Auto Industry, replacing Steven Rattner. Title: Counselor to the Secretary of the Treasury. Salary: unknown
7. Central Region Czar – Dennis Ross Title: Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for the Central Region (encompasses the Middle East, the Gulf, Afghanistan, Pakistan and South Asia). Salary: unknown
8. Climate Czar – Todd Stern Title: Special Envoy for Climate Change. Salary: unknown
9. Domestic Violence Czar – Lynn Rosenthal Title: White House adviser on Violence Against Women. Salary: unknown
10. Drug Czar * – Gil Kerlikowske Title: Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy. Salary: unknown
11. Economic Czar * – Paul VolckerTitle: Chairman of the President’s Economic Recovery Advisory Board. Salary: Volcker reportedly isn’t paid for his advice…..
12. Energy and Environment Czar – Carol Browner Title: Assistant to the President for Energy and Climate Change. Salary: $172,200
13. Faith-Based Czar * – Joshua DuBois Title: Director of the Office of Faith Based and Neighborhood Partnerships. Salary: $98,000
14. Government Performance Czar – Jeffrey Zients Title: Chief Performance Officer. Salary: unknown
15. Great Lakes Czar – Cameron Davis Title: Special advisor to the U.S. EPA overseeing its Great Lakes restoration plan. Salary: Unknown
16. Green Jobs Czar – Van Jones Title: Special Adviser for Green Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation at the White House Council on Environmental Quality. Salary: unknown
17. Guantanamo Closure Czar – Daniel Fried Title: Special envoy to oversee the closure of the detention center at Guantanamo Bay. Salary: unknown
18. Health Czar * – Nancy-Ann DeParle Title: Counselor to the President and Director of the White House Office of Health Reform. Salary: $158,500
19. Information Czar – Vivek Kundra Title: Federal Chief Information Officer. Salary: unknown
20. Intelligence Czar * – Dennis Blair Title: Director of National Intelligence. Salary: $197,700
21. Mideast Peace Czar – George Mitchell Title: Special Envoy for Middle East Peace. Salary: unknown
22. Pay Czar – Kenneth R. Feinberg Title: Special Master on executive pay. Salary: Reportedly receiving no compensation for his work….Out of the goodness of his heart……..
23. Regulatory Czar – Cass R. Sunstein *Title: Administrator of the White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs. Salary: unknown
24. Science Czar – John Holdren Title: Assistant to the President for Science and Technology, Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, and Co-Chair of the President’s Council of Advisers on Science and Technology. Salary: unknown
25. Stimulus Accountability Czar – Earl Devaney Title: Chair of the Recovery Act Transparency and Accountability Board. Salary: unknown
26. Sudan Czar – J. Scott Gration Title: Special Envoy to Sudan. Salary: unknown
27. TARP Czar – Herb Allison Title: Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Financial Stability. Salary: unknown
28. Technology Czar – Aneesh Chopra Title: Chief Technology Officer. Salary: unknown
29. Terrorism Czar – John Brennan Title: Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism. Salary: $172,200
30. Urban Affairs Czar – Adolfo Carrion Jr. Title: White House Director of Urban Affairs. Salary: $158,500
31. Weapons Czar – Ashton Carter Title: Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics. Salary: unknown
32. WMD Policy Czar – Gary Samore Title: White House Coordinator for Weapons of Mass Destruction, Security and Arms Control. Salary: unknown
So if 523 out of 535 of our Representative’s have decided to turn over all their responsibilities to 12 representative’s, and 32 unelected/appointed ‘czars’ of questionable ethics, I have a deficit cutting proposition for the constituents of those 523 dead beat ‘Representative’s…..We obviously no longer need them, send them all home if they have decided not to do the job they were sent to Washington to do! They are fired, no gold plated retirement pension, go back to the real world and work for a living like the rest of us. That would save us a bundle!
The only other alternative for our ‘Representative’s would be to fire all the so-called czars, disassemble the so-called super committee, and get back to the work of the people as they were voted in to office to do. Pass a Balanced Budget Amendment, repeal Dod/Frank that continues to decimate the housing market, now! ‘Czars’ are nothing more than an end run around the checks and balances that were built into our Constitution, no wonder Obama likes to appoint ‘Czars’!! Congress needs to outlaw the use of ‘Czars’, now. That would be a good start.
Mark Shean, submitted 10-26-2011 www.mafirearmsafety.com
A * next to 7 of these means these ‘Czars’ were in other administrations as well….. Obama invented the rest…..